Join us! Be part of helping shape the future of Coachella Valley. When you participate on the board of The Foundation, your time makes a real difference in the world for 20,000 young people. You'll make an impact.
JOIN THE BOARD
The Foundation for The Palm Springs Unified School District is overseen by a diverse board of directors comprised of community members that include educators, business people, banking and finance executives, attorneys, district parents, and school-board members.
Our focus is on inspiring student education, creating opportunities that open futures for students. We need help with business development, stakeholder engagement, grassroots organizing, fundraising, marketing and public relations.
It is anticipated that new members will want to visit classrooms, meet and work with students, and bring leadership skills and expertise to the Board that will assist with the growth and development or the organization.
• Strongly support public education
• Be an active ambassador for The Foundation
• Help expand The Foundation’s financial base
• Help expand awareness for The Foundation’s mission and purpose
• Nonprofit experience helpful, but not necessary
Board Member Commitment
• Attend monthly board meetings and related meetings
• Review communications and documents prior to Board meetings
• Attend Foundation sponsored events and District activities, as requested
• Actively participate and contribute to Board meetings, committees and ad hoc committees
• Stay informed on matters concerning the community, public education
If you are interested in getting involved and making a difference please contact: